Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-10-2009 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber

Maya certifications

This question does not really have anything to do with simplymaya.com, but a general question to the community.

I have been a Maya user, like many, since before the purchase from Alias/Wavefront to Autodesk in 2003. I have contacted Autodesk about this and they can give me no confident answer. Does anyone know if Autodesk offers a Maya certification? Does anyone know of any 3rd party certifications for Maya?

Thank you in advance

davisdryan@gmail.com
# 2 04-11-2009 , 04:58 AM
same here. i want to get certification too, but the way i know is to get some courses in ATCs and do some workshops for them, like in Siggraph: and both are not the best way for me to get. i hope there is some way. i wonder if they certify you online.

# 3 12-11-2009 , 02:45 PM
Technical Director
There are no official certifications for Maya besides the Autodesk Certified Trainer. Beware of other places that offer certification, as more than likely, they will not be recognized by anyone. However, the ACT is less a certification of aptitude, but more of teaching.

I'm signing up for the ACT Certification. Hopefully they have one in my area, else it's off to Siggraph!

Originally posted by effacer
i wonder if they certify you online.

No they do not, as one of the requirements to get the certification is to teach two units to the class.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 13-11-2009 , 10:20 AM
here in Nepal, we have one ATC, where they provide autodesk certified students' certificates for students (after attending online exam etc) and also autodesk certified trainers' certificate. So basically, wht you are saying is students' certificate isn't genuine, or is it?
i know ATCs are the only way to get certification- is this wht you are implying?? i was wondering if they can certify others too, via online exams, other than ATC students.