Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-04-2003 , 11:38 AM

Use a texture map for another object...

Hi all user added image

i can't find the means of using an uv texture map for another object. I saw a lot of fonctions in connection with uv sets but i can't use them user added image someone can help me?

thanxs user added image
bye

# 2 21-04-2003 , 11:50 AM
Subscriber
Your object is probably a nurbs. Nurbs uv's cannot be moved I think. You can modify the uv's on polygons, though. As for Sub-divs, I know you can map the uv's (I'm pretty sure of this) but I don't think you can do everything the uv's can with polys.

# 3 21-04-2003 , 11:51 AM
Subscriber
Oh by the way, you have to do all uv-modifying in the uv texture editor in case you didn't know.

# 4 21-04-2003 , 12:20 PM
i know user added image

my object is a poly and i want to move its texture coordinates to another object.
the object in question is the same one as the precedent but without the texture map!

# 5 21-04-2003 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber
I think you are looking for Polygons>Transfer. Check uv's in the options box.

# 6 21-04-2003 , 10:49 PM
If you want to use the same UV's, then I assume they are the same object? Why not just duplicate the the UV edited version?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 7 22-04-2003 , 05:07 PM
yes it's the same object user added image

i don't duplicate because (here it's an eg.) in my main file, i've 20 objects like that and the positioning is too hard...

the transfer function is great to do this user added image thanks!