Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-04-2009 , 01:11 AM

Spaceship Callange: Intergalactic Warfare Carrier (Humans)

"Humans are known for their ability to shoot first and ask questions later. With the invention of intergalactic space travel in 3009, humans are possibly the greatest threat to the universe. 2000 years later, invading every possible planet and turning them into forgeworlds, humans are the absolute scum of the universe.

The Intergalactic Warfare Carrier (IWC) is home to many factories. It is the largest spaceship created by mankind yet. This beast of a ship is made for transporting hundreds of thousands of tons of tanks, robotic warriors and even has a landing strip on its dorsal side and many smaller landing and assembly areas throughout the front of it. Thousands of these mobile cities are stationed around every solar
system. "

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ti217/ship.jpg

I am not a professional or in any fancy school but basically I'm using this competition as a form of motivation to finish some stuff for my portfolio for college. I've never really textured anything in my life so yah this will be a learning experience for me. Maybe I'll just go with the star destroyer look...a nice variation of greys...

user added image

# 2 14-04-2009 , 01:21 AM

cool

cool i hope to see a model!

JoSh
# 3 14-04-2009 , 03:39 AM

# 4 14-04-2009 , 08:11 AM
Lifetime Member

Ahh!

Look forward to this one, nice start!

Reminds me of Macross City on the SDF-1 in Robotech!!! user added image

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2
# 5 14-04-2009 , 01:05 PM
Subscriber
R u insane - I thought mine was turning into a monster - but yours is making mine look like a flee.

Welcome to the challenge - great concept and great start

# 6 14-04-2009 , 04:17 PM
EduSciVis-er
Looks like a massive undertaking. I guess it's called a challenge for a reason. user added image Looking forward to seeing the progress though, cool idea.

# 7 14-04-2009 , 11:09 PM
Thanks for the comments! The city won't really be too detailed because it will be very small compared to the rest of the ship...Yes, this is a massive undertaking. I'll give myself a hug if I can finish it user added image.

NOTE: As you can see, the designers of the IWC conveniently placed the city atop the ships two-hundred thousand ton fuel cell. You know, just incase the ship is under attack at the rear the city will be decimated to ensure the police don't have to work overtime on keeping citizens from rioting.

user added image

# 8 15-04-2009 , 09:33 PM
Subscriber
haha, i thought that was the front of the ship where the city is :p

i think you've the biggest ship around

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 15-04-2009 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber
not about the size its what you do with it ..... hehe

# 10 21-04-2009 , 11:20 PM
I just realized that there is no chance I will finish this. CAn a mod please delete this thread? Thanks to all who waiting to see the final thing! Skullcrusher will just be taking up too much time...