Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-07-2005 , 01:25 AM

MentalRay crash?!

Ok, this is really annoying. Whenever I open the hypershade or try apply a texture to a material attribute (such as spec, bump, colour etc) I get this error:

xpm2bmp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...

Yes the bloody messege of death. What have I done to deserve such torture?

Thanking you in advance.

Frequency.

# 2 22-07-2005 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
? XPMs are icon files. are you trying to use XPMs for textures?

xpm2bmp.exe is an xpm to bmp conversion program.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 22-07-2005 , 08:39 PM
Lol! I didn't realise that was an icon extention. I thought they were all just ico.
No i'm not trying to use icon files as textures it's before i even try and load any texture at all! I usually use Targa. Are they a good format to use?
Oh yeah, after I click close on the xpm2bmp I get this in the comand feedback line in maya:
Warning: File not found: render_mentalrayPhenomenon.xpm
Hmmmm, sounds not to good does it? Although, strangly, it seems to render ok with mental ray. I'd just like to know why it does it. I'm pretty confused.