Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-08-2005 , 08:44 PM

texture image stretches

Hi
I'm making a castle with some enviroment.I have a texture image of simple bricks for the castle.When I set the texture it sort of streches out to the entire object so the bricks look too large at some parts.Even when I select only the faces I want to texture it is still streched.Can anyone point me in the right direction so I won't have to draw the image with UV mapping.There must be some other way.
I havent stiched up the parts of the castle yet so I can texture them one by one but I still don't get the bricks equal.

Hope this is not a stupid question

# 2 11-08-2005 , 09:03 PM
Subscriber
change the repeat uv value in the 'place 2d texture' node

# 3 12-08-2005 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber
Hi pankeriste.

The easiest way without doing a UV map of the wall is simply to select the face you want to texture, go to edit polygons -> texture -> planar mapping (options box). In the options box, make sure that automatically fit the projection mainpulator is on, then check the appropriate mapping direction, then hit project. You can then simply grab the handles on the corners of the projection manipulators and squash/move the texture around to your liking.

Hope this helps :o)

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 4 15-08-2005 , 01:39 AM
thaX
I already did most of it the easy way that matt suggested.Problem solved.But since Lisa mentioned that planar mapping way , I'm givin' it a try.A lot more work though.Thanx again

# 5 15-08-2005 , 01:59 AM
How come I get split faces even though I only select parts of the or more?Basicly it works fine but somewhere it looks like the wall on the gate.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 15-08-2005 , 10:56 AM
Subscriber
you will have to planar map each section seperatly, so the front,back,left side and right side should be mapped on their own if some of the bricks are still the wrong way round u can rotate the image in the 2dtexture node.

Edit: if you rotate the image though it will rotate all of the images, so you might need to make more than one material, or uv map the model.