Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-12-2002 , 11:01 AM

Rendering short movie

Hi

I made a short movie (only with text user added image ) and I want to save it as an *.avi - file. Are there any tutorials on the web? I am already searching for two days after it. Can anybody help me please?

thank!

bART - second revolution art
# 2 07-12-2002 , 11:22 AM
Subscriber
I cannot show you a tut for this (maybe others can) but I think you would like to change the save-format in your project.

This setting is located in your render-global menu (one of the icons on your screen or klick and see under "render" in render-mode. You can swith between several modes; Modeling, Rendering Animation to name these, easily selected on your screen.

The save setting is one of the first, if not the first setting in the render globals menu. Just take a look and your should be able to change the format from iff to avi. This avi file is saved to your images folder i think. It depends if your project was created with the stadard set up. If not this is located in your default folders, where your maya-save file is located.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 3 07-12-2002 , 06:42 PM
Subscriber
also important to note, if you just render with the button on the shelf it renders out the current frame. if you save as avi i renders a avi that has one frame in it (it is still a movie, but nothing moves user added image ).

you need to batch render to create a movie, and put the right range (e.g. from frame 1 to 100 ) in render preferences.

# 4 08-12-2002 , 04:02 AM
I am making a short movie myself....my second one actually....yes I am the closet modeller.....I do stuff just no one knows about it user added image user added image

Now I believe the kinda rendering you are looking at is Keyframe animation.....I am currently working on animation along a path. Keyframe animation you may already know what that is. You have to set whatever it is that you want to happen into Keyframes along a timeline. Or what BabyD said holds true it will only render out the single frame.

What you want to set is in RenderGlobals as undseth said. Go there and set the 'Image Format' to AVI and then set your Start frame and End frame. Make sure you render out every frame....so choose 1.00 in the 'By frame' menu. Render all should also be chosen.

After that choose all your other settings as you would for a single frame model...resolution etc.

Hope that helps you out

And maybe....just maybe I got this right....LOL