Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-11-2016 , 02:54 PM

Problem definition, unknown. Material Render Issue

user added image
Good afternoon. I am 100% a newbie, and have some questions regarding a issue I am seeing. I use a Solidworks file importer to import some files into Maya. I set everything up, and it looks good. As soon as I close Maya and reopen, the 'spine' in the attached image breaks. Or at least I think it breaks. I do not know what it is called when the material turns black and white as if the polys were "Rougher". Can someone direct me as to what my problem is, what it is called so I can properly find a solution, and continue to learn this incredibly overwhelming software. The upper spine is the one that was messed up after I closed and reopened maya. The bottom one I just 'reimported' to show what it should look like.

user added image

Thank you in advance.

# 2 11-11-2016 , 12:03 AM
The thin red line
Try (normalizing the normal).........dave