Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-07-2003 , 03:51 PM

wheel tutorial

Hi i´m new to maya and try out the PLE version.

I´m interressted in modelling an wheel, but i searched an found no tutorial. Can anybody helps me? I found some nice for Lightwave, but when i try out i remarked that some function won´t be in maya.

So if there exist a tutorial it would great if you can help me.

P.S. i try maya because i will find out if it´s the right software for me user added image

Tabea

# 2 11-07-2003 , 03:56 PM
you could use a displacement map/bump map depending on how complicated you want your tyre to be. if you want a tyre that uses geometry then you will have to work a little harder. Can you post a link to the lightwave tutorial? i'm sure we could help you find the equivalent tool in maya.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 11-07-2003 , 03:56 PM
Ooooh i remember one. Look in the previous challenges in the simply maya forums. I think vectormans vehicle has one or has a link to one....Hope it helps...user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 4 11-07-2003 , 03:58 PM
Dang, you beat me Pure.....user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 5 11-07-2003 , 04:01 PM
lol I'm getting good at that user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 11-07-2003 , 04:09 PM
Here is the link

https://www.rendering.de/nano.cms/Lig...erview&X_id=51

search for "Erstellen einer Auto Felge und Gummireifens"

It´s a video tut. The ascpet interressting me is the part who he connet two poly´s (the inner and the outerring) to make the spoke´s.

All i found in maya was he merge tools but that´s not the same.

Anyway i know Lightwave is a great poly modeller (better than maya??).

Or should i find out a tut for nurbs modelling a wheel?

i don´t know the advantages of both.

First at all i need a programm creating 3d logos imported from illustrator files (text and so on) but also for modelling cars bikes or architectur all stuff i would like to build (after hard way learning user added image )