Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 24-12-2003 , 12:19 AM
As I mentioned previously...

Originally posted by Dann

If you select the "FireworksRockets" particle node, and look under "Clip Effects Attributes" in the "FireworksRocketsShape" node of the Attribute editor, you will se more controls... The way the color works is you specify the spread meaning how many of those color chips you want your sparks to use. If you set it to 0 it will onyl use the color chip you've selected (by clicking on the bar below the color). A setting of 1 will use the color you set, plus one to the left and right. Get it? You can edit the colors by clicking on them.

You can use just one of the chips.

# 17 24-12-2003 , 08:41 AM
Subscriber
Thakyou greatly! I now know how to alter the colours but I still don't feel they look realistic. I want it to be a flash of white and then for the particles to turn into red, blue, green ect.

_LIVID

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog

Last edited by Tim_LIVID; 30-12-2003 at 12:18 PM.
# 18 30-12-2003 , 12:17 PM
Subscriber
On another note about the colour, I can change the colour of the trails without any hastle but when it comes to changing the colour of the blasts it doesn't go as expected. I basicly understand that the colour spread increases the mix of coulours which comes out in the burst.

The problem I have is that the colours are bursting at random. Like I select a mix of blue, white and red and that colour is the second burst where as the first burst seams to be a random colour.

Is there anyway around this?

P.S. Sorry for the length, I just wanted to make sure I explaned the problem in enough detial

_LIVID

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 19 31-12-2003 , 03:56 AM
Select the first rickot in the drop down menu, and pick the color and spread you want. Then select the other rocket from the same drop down, and pick the color and spread for that rocket. You can easily control each explosion.