Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-01-2004 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber

Bubble burst

anyone know a good way to simulate a bubble bursting. want to do it in slow mo too so the quality is important. the material that forms the bubble will be a very viscous fluid. i tried particles and fluid effects but they dont seem to be able to simulate this alone. My next try is to work with particle fluids and maybe an animated texture map.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 2 20-01-2004 , 05:30 PM
Subscriber
a better example of this would be to imagine boiling mud. im trying to produce the gurgling action. i though fluid dynamics could do it but i havent been able to getthe results.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 21-01-2004 , 02:44 AM
Subscriber
I'm not sure about the make up of the buble its self that your working with.. but maybe try thinking along the lines of a shater if its a geo buble ? or burst of particals from the inside ?

# 4 21-01-2004 , 05:27 PM
Yeah, try shatter, and key the pieces to soft body once it bursts so you can mess with the dynamics.

Lungs not guns....
# 5 24-01-2004 , 11:22 PM
Depends on your bubble ( I mostly use blobby surfaces, with sampler and info, blinn material, look at the tut on mike's site and make the colour of the water a bit lighter, they'll look as bubbles user added image ). If you create an invisible nurbs plane the place where you want them to pop, just make them collide and die on impact, or, for a nice effect, make them die on collision and emit 10 new, 10 times as small particles that die after a very short while.. user added image I hope you know what I mean user added image