Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 02-04-2005 , 05:20 PM
i deleted the temperary body and started workin on the makeup of the body. then after i finish im going to work on the shell for it... oh and i also did the legs. the feet are temp.

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 03-04-2005 , 02:46 PM
Wow, very nice. I like it to see the technical style of the arms in the rest of the body. I look forward to see the next progress.
Maybe keep in mind for the head that it should not be too concealing, like a helmet, but more open like the rest is now.
Keep it up!

# 33 03-04-2005 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber
pritty cool. and i like the resting pose also.

# 34 03-04-2005 , 04:43 PM
Thanks guys, really need the inspiration and support to get this thing done (i have lots of prjects)

i have to re-format so im backing up everything... My Drivers went on the fritz and now i cant do anything with any graphical apps. and yes i have re-installed the drivers, de-fragged hardrive, ran disk cleanup, scanned for viruses....im runnin out of ideas. but in the meantime im going to make concept sketches for the outer shell of my robot...and maybe add some ideas for fine detail

# 35 05-04-2005 , 02:28 AM
finished the the rest of it...now im debating to have a shell on him or not..there is not much need for one due to..well theres not that much innards to him. Ive used the extent of my maya abilities so far, and have learned a lot. this has been an invaluable learning experiance!!! And thanks for what support i got! I dont know anything about making joints...and animating. If i can learn the basics in the amount of time left i will try to push into it. I realize im closing my project pretty early, but i have A LOT of projects ive pushed aside. If i have time i will work on this some more, and post, but dont expect any more drastic changes or additions. and if i do it will probably be upgrading te feet.

CHEERS!!

Attached Thumbnails
# 36 05-04-2005 , 02:29 AM
this too, angled, more perspective

Attached Thumbnails