Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-12-2006 , 01:33 PM

Need a begginer tutorial.

all I know is how make shapes, assign materials, and change camera angles, and render.

I REALLY need a begginer tutorial to expand my skills!

# 2 02-12-2006 , 01:34 PM
click on the video training link up top, then start with the free tutorials there and work your way up.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 02-12-2006 , 01:35 PM
from skeleton basics up?

# 4 02-12-2006 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
Hehe, it's counter-intuitive but I'd be inclined to learn about the bones later on in the piece. The logic being, that everything must be modelled, but not everything's animated (not to mention the complexity of joints is perhaps not the best place to cut one's teeth with maya.

The tutes here are very good, 'Specially the ones done by Mike or Kurt or Kevin.

The very first tute I did that wasn't include with maya was the tennis ball tute done by Christer, found at Christer B's page,
it takes Christer about 5 minutes to model it, so it's not too taxing to repeat a number of times.

Following that, the cartoon dog was a good progression.
I found that by doing the poly-only tute first that you could really appreciate just how good nurbs and subds are.

The cartoon guy is another good one too, being newer than some, the codecs have sqeezed it a little more than some of the older tutes, so it downloads a bit quicker.

Also, the Joan of Arc tutorial that's around somewhere is really good. It's pages ad pages and pages long, working from concept art right up to a fully rigged and textured character. - Polygon modelling.

enjoy,

Simon

# 5 03-12-2006 , 01:28 AM
Subscriber
My best advice to you, is (unless you're at college) is start with modelling, then learn the very basics of everything before something takes your fancy, then stick at it until you become a pro at it.

Otherwise you'll become so confused! Besides, lets face it, creating skeletons isnt the most exciting subject is it.

Browse simply maya like enhzflep and neo said, as the guys here produce some fantastic tutorials!

Failing that, try these:

www.pixalbeat.com or even better, www.learningmaya.com

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 6 03-12-2006 , 01:22 PM
thank you all

# 7 04-12-2006 , 07:05 PM

(__/)
(='.'=) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
# 8 04-12-2006 , 08:12 PM
I agree with Mr Pix's advice. Once you are familiar with the basics, I suggest you do your learning by creating projects for yourself. You will learn more about a specific thing when you are trying to make something work.

knock, knock
# 9 04-12-2006 , 08:48 PM
Subscriber
after your familiar with maya, buy some dvds from different website i.e. 3dbuzz.com, highend3d.com simplymaya.com, thegnomonworkshop.com and digital-tutors.com. its help a ton loads.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 10 04-12-2006 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
I found the quickest and easiest way to learn self taught, is Video tutorials.

Go out there and find as many as you can but remember to stick at a subject at a time, unless you can take it all in. Dont confuse yourself. If your gonna work on a project, try to finish it before starting the next one.

There is nothing like a good video tutorial. Get a cuppa, put your feet up and learn my friend.

Apart from this site fo course user added image my personal favourite is digital tutors (unfortunately, it costs), so google video tutorials that are free.

Good luck

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130