Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 10-04-2007 , 04:16 AM
Subscriber

image plane problem in 8.5

I have a problem. I watched kurts tut on character modeling from one plane, when I make the polyplane and middle mouse drag my pic that I am using. The image shows up in persp when I hit 6 but not in the front view. Does anybody know why. I have maya 8.5 a legal version I paid for, so this should not be happening. Maybe it is something simple I dont know about but this has never happened in any version I have used before. Does anyone know what it is.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-04-2007 , 06:48 AM
Subscriber
you had the window selected when you hit 6 of course??

maybe swing the picture around the Y axis 180 degrees (though it shouldn't matter??)

Im guessing, but one thing is for sure, its something simple you have missed, whether you 'paid' for maya or not, this shouldnt happen.
(' not in other versions, ' how many you paid for LOL)

anyone with more suggestions??

you dont need divisions on an image plane. user added image

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 10-04-2007 at 07:31 AM.
# 3 10-04-2007 , 07:17 AM
Not to second guess you, but if that snap shot was immediately after you hit 6 in the front view, it didn't work. Your perspective view is highlighted which means your cursor was hovering over the perspective view when you hit 6. Other than that, I'm clueless. I have 8.5 and no problems with image planes.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 10-04-2007 , 09:19 AM
iv been having major issues with 8.5 and image planes so im no help but it looks like the lambert wasnt put on with the middle mouse button i duno i use to have problems in 7 that look just like that and what i did wrong was i didnt middle mouse drag it on

# 5 10-04-2007 , 02:43 PM
Subscriber
?? select the plane, right click on a lambert (not the default one that is always there) and 'assign to selected object' is another version of 'middle mousing a shader.'

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 13-04-2007 , 12:08 PM
Subscriber
thanks guys but I figured it out. My graphics cards accelerator was set to low. I raised it up to almost full and its working fine. Thanks anyway.

# 7 13-04-2007 , 01:15 PM
thanks for posting your resolution. I'll have to remember that...if image doesn't show, check speed of graphics card accelerator.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!