Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-06-2007 , 05:06 PM

troll

heya folks. here's an attempt of mine to model a troll from the good old/diabolical(choose your prefuser added image) blizzard's world of warcraft. i used a wow figure as a reference but didn't follow it in a too detailed manner.
there's still some modelling to do and obviously a whole lotta texturing. it's my first fairly serious attempt at character modelling so any feedback is ofc welcome.
oh and i had a topic with a guitar model a few months ago that i promised to texture but eventually failed at it, i guess i'm still colorblind in text. department, so apologies thereuser added image
cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-06-2007 , 05:41 PM
Subscriber
looking good if you want responds you should put a pic of him i wire frame mode

how did you learn to put him in that stance ( I mean which tut and so on)

maybe some thing that holds the shoulder pads would bee nice user added image

# 3 17-06-2007 , 11:58 AM
tnx for the input mateuser added image
i guess i didn't put a wire frame up cause there's not a lot of modelling to go. there weren't major issues along the way and the surface came out pretty much clean so i was planning on putting some textures in there asap. as far as the stance goes, that figure i mentioned was actually the only ref/tutorial i useduser added image took a couple of reference photos and added details by looking at it/screen. not very professional/accurate but it served me fineuser added image
good call on the shoulders, i'll put in some kind of straps to hold thoseuser added image cheers

# 4 17-06-2007 , 03:01 PM
Subscriber
hehe cant w8 ^^

i am sorry but i didnt realy understand... did you model him like this or did you use joints ect to move him into that stance??? because if you did... how ^^

"If some thing is hard to do it isnt worth doing"
# 5 17-06-2007 , 05:07 PM
ah my bad, i misunderstood your question. nope, no joints or whatsoever, it's simply modeled that wayuser added image

# 6 17-06-2007 , 07:42 PM
Subscriber
Okay ^^ i would suggest you modle your future characters standing in the "normal" way because it looks like you used a lot of time here and if you then l8ter wanna rig it it will bee difficulty when he stands like this

here is my characters and how I would suggest you model in the future ^^(dont think i a jerk it is in a good will ^^)
btw i also just finished the frank tut

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 17-06-2007 , 08:20 PM
aye, it's true what you say with character poses and the difficulty later on, but i had/have no plans to animate this model when i decided to do it. and since the figure i've used as a reference was in this pose, doing it any other way would take significantly more time.
"(dont think i a jerk it is in a good will ^^) "
user added image it's a good advice, and that's always appreciated, keep'em cominguser added image cheers

# 8 18-06-2007 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber
hehe cya later