Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-02-2003 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber

Animation Competition

Every month we see wonderfully textured models... but it is all static! I would love to see and enter a quarterly animation competition. I say quarterly since I know how long it can take to animate!

Every quarter would give enough time, I think, to animate themes such as a walk cylce, throwing, falling, laughing ect. bit like the 10 second club. Talking of which ther would have to be a time limit on such things of about 10 secs too.

What say the board?

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 04-02-2003 , 06:24 PM
I think an animation competition would be cool. Quarterly is too long though, especially for something short like 10 seconds. One month, 2 months max.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 04-02-2003 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber
im liking the idea but i think everyone has to start with the same basic file (model fully rigged) otherwise it wudnt be fair user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 05-02-2003 , 04:35 AM
We could provide a basic file, but I wouldn't force everyone to use it. Not everyone animates the same way, and it wouldn't be fair to make them use a rig that is not suited to their working method. The basic file could be for newbies and anyone else who doesn't want to or can't set up a basic character. It's like forcing poly modelers to use NURBS and vice versa.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 05-02-2003 , 05:56 AM
The Maya Mountain
I wouldn't mind seeing what people could do with my Toon Mike model. user added image >plug< available in the VIP section! >/plug<

user added image

# 6 05-02-2003 , 11:09 AM
Subscriber
Hmmm, I was gonna say that's why I thought it should be quarterly to give people time to model and rig characters for the competition. But I aso thought that perhaps there should be several models with the same rig to use for the Newbies to work with. It doesn't have to be character animation either, perhaps a tank moveing over land or a submarine surfacing.

If I had time, and people were interested I would create some simple models and rig them with a simple rig (perhaps the setup machine) and provide then for use in the competitions - just a thought! I would do it but I don't know how long it would take.

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 7 05-02-2003 , 12:18 PM
Kevin
This is being discussed now guys! Let you know in a day or so..

dannyngan (check mods area user added image)

# 8 05-02-2003 , 02:56 PM
This would be COOL!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 9 05-02-2003 , 05:57 PM
Subscriber
I love this idea!