Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-03-2013 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber

render passes issues

hi,
i follow the tutorial "dark art of mental ray", but when i render the passes, they came with strange issues!!
The original .exr is good, but the passes appear with "spikes".
See please the image attached.

thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 29-03-2013 , 09:41 AM
SM Tea Boy
hard to tell from just the image can you send me the exr file so i can take a look at the ind passes please.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 29-03-2013 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
hi David,

the problem of "spikes" is already solved, but a bigger problem appeared :-)

i´m trying to render some passes, i have several area lights in the scene with mia_photometric + ies profile, but the diffuse pass only show me one of the lights...the original render is fine.
everything looks good, but when i open in Nuke the .exr file, the Diffuse and Beaty pass, don´t show all light projection!! see image attached.

thanks

p.s. sorry my english :-)

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ruixgomes; 29-03-2013 at 05:25 PM.
# 4 30-03-2013 , 12:42 PM
Subscriber
hi again,
one thing I noticed, it appears that only the last light I put...i´m going crazy!!!

thanks

# 5 30-03-2013 , 05:48 PM
SM Tea Boy
I've never come across that! what version of Maya are you using? Try droping a dummy light into the scene with 0 intensity it's a bit of a cheat but it might let you carry on at least.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 30-03-2013 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
Maya 2011 Mac os x lion...
I'm going to try with the dummy light, is driving me crazy

Thanks

# 7 01-04-2013 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber

Maybe a newby error :-p

Hi,
In my scene i have area lights with mia photometric + IES profile...for warmer color I've given a color correction node (.454/.454/.454) with mia blackbody at 5000!! So a breackdown color correction and render the passes show all the lights...:-)

It's possible to fix this??

David, how can i send you the .exr file? That problem of "spikes" pressists !!

Thank you very much, the tutorials are the best :-)