Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-08-2003 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber

Help with birail

i'm trying to make my first surface using birail but when i've selected all the curves it i can't see a surface even though outliner is telling me it's there.

# 2 02-08-2003 , 09:09 PM
make sure the ends of your profile curves are snapped to the rails. i had this problem too.

________

- Jacob
# 3 02-08-2003 , 11:38 PM
The best way to do it is hold the c key down when creating your profile curves so they snap to the rails as blinn said.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 03-08-2003 , 12:04 AM

check this out..

contact me via MSN: rieder@utanet.at
# 5 03-08-2003 , 09:26 AM
Kevin
there are not touching

The birail is a very picky thing - also make sure the history is deleted on the curve....also a good guess would be that you have once before made a surface, but deleted and remade..

If this is the case then yes it is VERY fussy - It is almost quicker to make a new curve over the old one and then delete the old one, I have had this problem many times.

But the first thing I would check is that your curves are touching, your curves match points (rebuild curve) and that the curve direction go the same way (curve direction - reverse)

# 6 03-08-2003 , 08:39 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, it was becuase i hadn't snapped the curves.