Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com

# 2 09-09-2003 , 04:51 PM
Really nice work user added image

# 3 09-09-2003 , 06:06 PM
user title spammer
really nice, but:

- the man standing there is faar too small

- the white below the wood (right lower edge) should be removed ...

# 4 09-09-2003 , 08:27 PM
Subscriber
The man is not small , he even looks too big - the length of the facade is 18 meters (the stone part alone)

There is a newer version posted below , my boss wanted some changes - I made. he he

nir

Attached Thumbnails

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
www.nirsullam.com

# 5 09-09-2003 , 09:26 PM
The Maya Mountain
Looks pretty cool for an architectural concept. If you're wanting to go for realism, there's obviously some stuff to consider, but from what I know of this field, ultra realism isn't necessarily the goal.

Nice work.

# 6 10-09-2003 , 06:31 AM
Subscriber
I wish I could add some dirt maps and stuff but for a new building - that would be BAD ...

Anyway we already sent it to the client.

Nir

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com

# 7 10-09-2003 , 08:00 AM
Subscriber
horrible. It looks like something architectural students do as a first time thing. The plant pots are disproportate to the scene as are the plants (that one infront of the door is SUCH A BIG FLOWER). That wall creeper is ... And that tree... haha.. you sure this is maya? paintfx to poly gives wicked trees.

The deck is skewy and I like how the shadows from the trees point in two different direction. one is 1 oclock, the other 11 oclock. QUALITY. your lighting is screwy

horrible.

# 8 10-09-2003 , 09:00 AM
user title spammer
yeah, the flowers are too big OR the man ist too small user added image))

in your kindergarten picture i thought as well ... out of scale ... and, i wouldn´t take unedited photos of humas to place them into the scene ... because the shadows on the man (right leg for exampel), are different than in the scene ... and with the center-postion the man has, that might ruin the realistic-effect ...

# 9 10-09-2003 , 10:33 AM
Subscriber

horrible

Thanks

It looks like something architectural students do as a first time thing.

I agree

The plant pots are disproportate to the scene

Big pots do exist and actually are more beeficial when put in landscape design[/quote]

as are the plants

True but I don't know how to resize them after I put them in the drawing

And that tree

A 3DS Tree I inserted

paintfx to poly gives wicked trees.

me no like...

The deck is skewy

probably

I like how the shadows from the trees point in two different direction. one is 1 oclock, the other 11 oclock. QUALITY. your lighting is screwy

There is only 1 directional light in the scene - blame Maya for that - unless you do not really understand which part of the tree actully casts the shadows

horrible

If somebody actually paid me for that - I would get real tree maps or models and also people maps or models

Sorry for ignoring your sarcasm

Nir

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com

# 10 10-09-2003 , 12:33 PM
The Maya Mountain

Originally posted by train_ucl
i wouldn´t take unedited photos of humas to place them into the scene

This is very common in the architectural visualization field.

# 11 10-09-2003 , 07:14 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by nirsul

If somebody actually paid me for that - I would get real tree maps or models and also people maps or models

Sorry for ignoring your sarcasm
Nir

user added image you did this for your job. You did get paid for it.

You don't have to get real tree people maps/models to get things working. I don't understand how you can do this business and not be professional, haven't you heard of photoshop comping and adjustments? And blaming maya for the screwy lighting is just wrong. Its not the tools its the user. YOU set up the lights. I didn't recall Maya having an auto light system. And your lighting in that scene is just wrong. Why don't you take some critic and not be so belligerent.

and when I said it was horrible, I wasn't being sarcastic. If I said it was "nicceeee", I would be sarcastic. I'm being honest. I used to do this for a living but I had standards. Its not that hard to get things more or less right especially if its rough and the time frame is tight. Architectural viz is a brainless job to do.

user added image

# 12 10-09-2003 , 08:25 PM
The Maya Mountain
If the client likes it, who cares? :p

# 13 10-09-2003 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
To TheGreenGiant

I DO listen to critic and really take it into consideration , BUT , The person who is liable to criticize others HAS to have proven experience and also (at least to me) show his facew , meaning not hiding behind a criptic name without any profile and definitely no work that I know of.

Mike and the others - sometimes are very harsh but I know that they do it for my benefit and have a way of saying things without being rude - To say I made it like a student is not critic - it's insult.

Now when I tell you that there is only 1 (as in one) directional light and you say I screwed the lights you can either blame Maya or blame yourself for not understanding shadows or the scene which I built.

Ahh , the getting paid thing: I reckon you as a stated professional , know that rendered models carry a certain price - And what I mean but saying not getting paid for is that

1. Prices here are very low for something that requires lots of knowledge so when people pay 150 U$ for the model and 30 % of it goes to taxes - There is no money left for buying pro libraries of any kind. and I am the kind of person who actually BUY the damn software..

2. My boss (I work as an architect) Does NOT pay me extra money for providing 3D modeling services so getting 50 U$ a day is actually not getting paid for and as the economic situation here SUCKS - we have to comply with what we are told.

I would really like to see your 3D work - if I see pro work - I swear I will listen to any critic you make regarding my 3D work

honest...

Nir

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com

# 14 10-09-2003 , 08:42 PM
Subscriber

that one infront of the door is SUCH A BIG FLOWER

TO your knowledge - the flower called "bird of paradise" is even bigger than the flower in front of the door - so , as I am not a landscape architect - I couldn't care less about the flower's size.

user added image

Hey Nurse ! Give me the damn prosac NOW !

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com

# 15 10-09-2003 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by nirsul
To TheGreenGiant

I DO listen to critic and really take it into consideration , BUT , The person who is liable to criticize others HAS to have proven experience and also (at least to me) show his facew , meaning not hiding behind a criptic name without any profile and definitely no work that I know of.

I would really like to see your 3D work - if I see pro work - I swear I will listen to any critic you make regarding my 3D work

honest...

Nir

I find that attitude all wrong and screwy. So you only respect professionals? So no one can critique you if they're not professionals? Anyone with eyes can see what's wrong. No one in the architectural field will do architectural viz in maya. Too expensive when you can get lightwave, 3dmax and cinema4d (quicker and cheaper to render for less) You talk about a rough economy and etc and you have like 4000 grand to spend on Maya? Hahaha. Even vectorworks and archicad have pretty robust inbuilt render engines. Don't make me laugh - I also checked out your website a while back and I believe that's an artlantis model of that scooter you have as work you've done. I tried to click on it to find out more, but I like how the site redirected you to another render. Your website is also a cluttery stuff of bad work. Where's the architect's sense of proportion, lines, functionality?

That comment about the birds of paradise is great for comedic reasons too. Because that's not the flower you have. You made an excuse in the first instance and in the second instance, you make this comment?

You're an architect? Cough. yeah. I studied architecture. I am from that background. You wouldn't even do most of the stuff in maya. You'll use a cad programme and you get the proportions of doors and windows right. Its hard not too, it's all worked in. Your work only showcases the fact that you have no idea about form, space and order. No architect would have the potted plant in front of the door and that skylight wouldn't work where it is. House aside, that is a huge deck, where's the joists to support the weight? I'm sure an architect would have at least consider that? It's a job? that comment about the student only goes to show that I think even architectural students can do equivalent work as a first pass; a lot of the base stuff I see is much better than your work.

and I can't believe you tried to check my profile. LMAO.

Attached Thumbnails