Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-05-2004 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber

VGA Card workstation/Gaming ?

Hi,
Should be getting a card soon - after a quick look through these two look very similr prices at the moment - I wonder if someone can tell me the pro's / con's of getting a workstation VGA ( i.e. is there anything I will be unable to do that I can with a game card?)
The two I have in mind after only a quick look are -

Gainward 256MB (6053) GF6800 PP U/2200 *Golden sample*
Or
128M Nvidia Quadro 4 750XGL DDR (DVI-I and VGA) x8 AGP OEM

I have never owned a workstation card so don't know much about them.
Regards Scraggy

# 2 24-05-2004 , 02:54 PM
i would go for the gainward 6800....it will kick ass...with more than double the rendering pipelines and shading power...and full gelato compatibility, it's future proof...and probably softquadro'able in the near future....that's what i would do...

# 3 24-05-2004 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber
Yes it looks awesome !!! I'm really glad I waited, and didn't get that GeForce 5950 now...
Looks like I finally did something right, I may just wait until the next release to get all the "Bells and whistles" (PCI-Express - Gelato etc) version.
I heard it is supposed to be out pre-xmas.

Regards Scraggy