Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 31-07-2006 , 11:15 AM
Subscriber

HELP WITH BINDING!

I have built a character and need help with binding.

Im using maya 7.0 and has about 19,000 verts. I binded the skeleton using rigid bind as this caused my no problems, except one annoying one! The belly

Since i can use flexors for the joints, moving limbs from the knee and elbow dow r fine, but should and hips,...i get horrible deforming of the belly

plz help. someone must know!! : (

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 2 31-07-2006 , 05:41 PM
I'm afraid I can't help you with rigid-binding...but with soft-binding, you have access to the Weight Painting tool:

Dynamics Menu Set
->
Soft/Rigid Bodies
->
Paint Soft Body Weights Tool (Options)

If you're interested to know more, and/or can't quite work it out on your own, let me know and I'll give you a brief run-down on how to use it.

Good luck ^_^

# 3 31-07-2006 , 08:57 PM
Subscriber
wicked thankx for your help i'll try that. also, whats the best way to create fur and animating an ocean? i think i have gone too far to start again.

FUR
I have a polygonal character and dont know how to apply fur correctly, i simply clicked on the object and clicked fur and edited some attributes, but its very un- even and messy. There must be a better way.

OCEAN
I have created an amazing ocean (for a first attempt anyway), but it is a still image (easy) and zzzzzzzzzz. I want to know how to animate it and make some cool waves

Cheers for your help. Your a legend

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 4 31-07-2006 , 10:03 PM