Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 27-01-2008 , 03:08 AM

Help appending polygon in helmet tutorial

I'm appending a polygon to make the mask in the helmet tutorial, and the polygon seems to always get twisted. I've reversed the normals on the faces I am appending to, and it works with some but not with others.

Thanks.

# 2 27-01-2008 , 07:04 AM
Have you tried viewing the normals (Display>Polygons>Face Normals)?

Even if you've reversed some, it could be that they are still not all facing in the same direction. That's usually the cause of what you describe.

cheers,

gubar

# 3 27-01-2008 , 08:17 AM
yeah - gubar is right - it definitely sounds like your normals are messed up. you should be able to see the problem faces when you have the append tool selected (they will have a thick border.) try posting a pic with the append tool selected so we can see what's going on.

# 4 28-01-2008 , 12:15 PM

Normals facing

Thanks... I fixed the normals (with the green line facing in), and it still was skewing the polygon appendix.. so I reversed all the normals so the green line was facing outward... and it worked great.. thx for your time

B8M