Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 28-10-2008 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber

mudbox on windows 7: touch screen

# 2 28-10-2008 , 12:25 PM
Somehow, it seems less satisfying than actually picking up a piece of clay and sculpting. Interesting tech, though.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 28-10-2008 , 06:24 PM
Subscriber
making virtual sculpting tools is something i would like to do

so you have gloves and tools and move 'em around and the model gets mades as you do so

of course the technology totally isn't there though :\

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 28-10-2008 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber

# 5 28-10-2008 , 11:24 PM
Yeah those haptic feed back systems have been about for a few years now.

That looks pretty funkey, dunno though if it would be something tat I would like though.

I remember seeing a review where some one was using a tablet laptop to sculpt in Z which I thought was pretty cool, but it didnt have the levels of sensitivity etc that a good tablet has

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 29-10-2008 , 01:03 PM
Subscriber
hah, yeah i know about those machines, we have one of the cheap ones at uni

when i said the technology isn't there i wasn't talking about that, i was talking more like having a hologram in front of you so it's like you actually got the piece of work in front of you and you can play around with it

and if such technology exists, then right now its not commercially viable

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 7 29-10-2008 , 05:47 PM
Did Silicon Graphics not have a setup called a RealityCenter which consisted of a CAVE, a pair of shutter glasses, a pair of virtual reality gloves and an Onyx?

Their was a demo pic on the net a while ago of scientists viewing a model of a molecule or something and they could rotate the model, take it apart, etc. with the gloves...

It formed a big chunk of Silicon Graphics' business from the late 1990s till the early 2000s when the Silicon Graphics' couldn't afford to develop their graphics hardware (due to mistakes made in the mid-1990s).

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 8 31-10-2008 , 08:38 PM
Subscriber
why do i have a feeling, the people who will be using that will have really sore hands/arms? user added image i reckon id prefer using mouse/wacom than touch ...