Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-08-2010 , 02:14 PM

Character dev-version 2

hey,
after crits and guidance from the 1st character I did mainly regarding proportions , after studying references pics and watching anatomy and topology tutorials and reading books, I give it another shot, though not perfect I am happy with what is acheived so far, though not complete but almost there, ...as always crits are welcomed with open arms...just a quick note my model is not based on the perfect male as I see no one as perfect in proportions or sizeuser added image

Let me know what you guys thinkuser added image

Attached Images
# 2 20-08-2010 , 02:17 PM
how do you display multiple pics in one message rather than doing more responses I can remember the keys or shortcut

Attached Images
# 3 20-08-2010 , 02:18 PM

Attached Images
# 4 20-08-2010 , 02:19 PM

Attached Images
# 5 20-08-2010 , 02:52 PM
The thin red line
That is a great improvement silverspawn, with tutorial did you use I think I would like to have a look at them..............dave

# 6 20-08-2010 , 03:40 PM
I think you should get in the challenge!

Though being honest I always find that pose strange and very un human, the shoulder to the upper arms never looks right to me, it shows anatomy but dosent "flow" so to speak.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 20-08-2010 , 08:57 PM
Lifetime Member
mate that is bloody good....and yes why arent you in the horror challenge??? a base mesh like that would make a good baddy!!!

keep up the good work!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 8 20-08-2010 , 10:17 PM
Thnaks guys for the compliments and gster your advice as been taken on board soon as the head and hands are done I will hit the finer details ..

@ dave I used the book character modelling by gary olivio, there is a digital tutor tutorial also thats cover basic blocking, topology and texturing that is available in 3 sections and watched also a tutorial on that I watched based on human anatomy modelling which also covers the basics or good workflow though I found the digital tutor 1 more informative though they model a female you can take those principles to make character .

in regards to the challenge I only know the basics of modelling, still yet to learn texturing and uvs map out though I think the DT tut covers it and will use it to texture my character

thansk again guys will show more as I add more user added image

# 9 21-08-2010 , 12:57 AM
Lifetime Member
Hey silverspawn....it wasny "DT how to make a Digital Human" was it?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 10 21-08-2010 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber
looks good jason

# 11 21-08-2010 , 06:06 PM
@ bullet.... that was it there was a collection of 4, but I recommend reading the gary olivio book also.

thanks ben. check your email

# 12 21-08-2010 , 06:28 PM
Lifetime Member
Sweet mate...thanks!! I will try and get the book...sounds very interesting.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 13 21-08-2010 , 09:52 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Don't want to disencourage you or anything, but having moddeled some stuff myself once or twice I do think it still needs a lot of work, I haven't seen your progress , but I think it's a wise start to establish shape and form before going in detail like this, it lacks a certain flow as steve mentioned, but it looks to " boxy" this happens when you create everything separate first and stitch them together in the end.
The torso area is of as well, you have the chest then some strange blank stuff and then the abdominal muscles that isn't right.

There is no solid advice I can give you but to finish this one up and keep practising till you get it right, it's no use in lingering for months on a first attempt just store it somewhere and look back at it in a year or two user added image

# 14 22-08-2010 , 09:42 PM
@ mastone ..Yes I agree with the shoulders being a littly blocky so trying to make them flow right into the arms a little better, in regards to the blank spot between the chest and abs I still need to add the serratus but in the process of doing that but will have an update hopefully tommorow evning , just been tweeking the hands slighlty and finishing off the fingers.

not looking forward to the head modelling as it seems to be a real sticking point with me in terms of prportions

jason

# 15 22-08-2010 , 10:31 PM
The thin red line
As far as Im conserned you are doing a good job Jason , your last crack at a head was not that bad just lacked refinement.........dave