Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-12-2003 , 11:54 PM

Hand rig, rotation of Joints, please help

Hi,

https://louiseeaton.com/rotations.jpg

Please see screenshot. I know this is a basic question but I may be losing it and cannot seem to figure this out. I am trying to set the rotation axis for the finger joints to go ALONG (parallel to) the fingers. I have rotated the local rotation axis already and when I go back to simply rotate the finger joint, its still in the wrong direction. I even tried a new rig from scratch. I'm sure its something silly I have overlooked. But this final is due soon so please help me!!

Cathleen
user added image

# 2 10-12-2003 , 12:03 AM
The Maya Mountain
Make sure your rotating options is set to "LOCAL" mode.

# 3 10-12-2003 , 12:04 AM

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 10-12-2003 , 12:06 AM

moved locaL

Yes, I have rotated "locally" but the axis does not move. The joints move but the axis still stays as it is in the screenshot.

# 5 10-12-2003 , 12:08 AM
The Maya Mountain
I'm not sure if we're on the same page. I understand that you've rotated the joint's local rotation axis. Just to make certain, dbl click on rotate tool and choose Local from list if it's not already. If it is set to Local already, than I'm not certain what the trouble may be.

It's possible that it could have something to do with being a mirrored joint?