Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 211 18-02-2006 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber
short scrip;
OK..?

copyright; no reproduction without permission on collaboration project (mirek Krejci 18/2/06).

A character is rather isolated at home (maybe he is a Maya freakuser added image.

establishing shot;

int; house; central character (from here know as 'A') moping about, maybe he's cleaning up or something and hits his head and it turned completely around so the back of his head is facing forward.

A; what's happening what's going on.
(starts complaining with the focus of complaints on his/her past)

A wanders around for a while until there is a knock at the door.

character 'b' enters;

B; hi , hey there mate, what are you doing, you seem a bit down today.

B doesn't seem to even notice A 's head is facing he wrong direction.

A; Nothing ever goes right for me. I was thinking about an old girlfriend and i just can't get her out of my head.

B; those days are gone, never to return. Feel like goin' out and and having a drink, that might fix you.

A; na, I'll stay here, I don't feel well. Something's wrong and i just cant figure what it is.

(of course it is because his head is facing backward and he can only see his past, not the future, hence no hope or future plans.)

B leaves.

A mopes around the house again, spending most of his time sitting at a table central to the room with head rating on hands.

Another knock;

'C' enters.

C; hi there.

C immediately sees A's head is facing backward but doesn't say a thing about it. He doesn't want to upset A

A; hi ther my good friend, good to see you. Give me some good news, I could do with some something is wrong and i can't figure what it is?

C; Well my friend, i don't have any news, you seem alright (lie).

after a little chit chat C leaves.

A wanders around some more, sits at the table, there's another knock. Again another character 'D' enters and doesn't notice A's head is facing backward.

A; I keep thinking about an old girlfriend. i just can't get her out of my head. Somethings wrong and i just can't figure what it is.

D; don't know mate, look I'm busy I got to go. Good to see you looking so well.

A; ????

After a dissolve or two (to create the passing of time) 'A' starts to feel normal even though his head is facing backward. He is getting used to it and thinks it is normal now.
Another knock at the door and 'E' enters.

E; My God, what's happened to you.

A; what are you talking about?

E; your head is facing backward, what's happened?

A; what the hell are you talking about?
(he's getting angry and defensive)

E; your looking in the wrong direction, you can't see in front of yourself, you can't see forward.

A; WHAT? What the hell are you on about, I'm fine, I'm doing real well. What's your problem.

E; No problem my friend, just telling you how i see it.

A; Look, I think you better get out of here, i don't know what your talking about and i feel just FINE.

E leaves (somehow in the script it must be shown of the viewer he is a TRUE friend, hence the dialogue of truth) shaking his head and concerned for A.

A sits back at his table, where he has spent most of his time. He knocks something off the table and bends down to pick it up knocking his head again (on the table) as he gets up.

His head slowly revolves back to normal.

A smiles gets up puts on a jacket and leaves the house yelling as he goes

A; hey E, where are you goin, i might come too.

END

Ok guys if you managed to read through all of that without wondering about my mental health and you think it OK. Remember it is just a VERY rough draft I just wrote and as a collaborative project is up to any change in style, script, anything. If people think this is worth working on or it's a start for collaboration, then lets get organized and collaborate.

# 212 18-02-2006 , 05:26 AM
in my opinion link alll the computers and make a network. its very helpful for these type of small projects.

Yo mamma!
# 213 18-02-2006 , 03:03 PM
I think we really need to get started on this again.

But trash the jet race idea.

My opinion is of a fantasy type, with characters and fighting, and crap. That would be cool.

That would really test modeling skills, texturing skills, and animating skills. Like realistic fantasy scenes, i dont know... like a Warcraft 3 cinematic, you know?

But seriously guys, if nobody else takes control of this I will...

There are so many ideas floating out here, and none of them really stuck, so howsabout a vote, which one you all like.

Once we decide on a topic, then we can create a script, concept sketches, then onto the modeling, textureing... etc.

I think we need to take this slowly, not just jump in without knowing what's in the water.

As for a network: I refuse. My computer is too expensive to risk getting hacked that openly.

So there, I think we do need to do this, as experience and more you know? Cooperation skills?

So, I'll take control until we get a real idea out there, and then we can decide what next.

Cya Later,
Matt user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 214 18-02-2006 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber
I personally like a fantasy storyline

I'd go for it. My favorite theme is fantasy...

My password is ********.
# 215 19-02-2006 , 01:07 AM
Subscriber
whatever the theme it is going to be a more than interesting experience. Virtual film making done virtually?? It is difficult to get one done in the 'real' world unless one has a great producer who knows all the tricks and is a good problem solver, conflict resolution expert (as you can see there are already a lot of different ideas around and someone must make decisions. It will not work if everyone is the 'boss.') It might be a first though and that would really be something. But as Solomon said, 'there is nothing new under the sun, it is all a vanity and a blowing in the wind.'

It would be fantastic to do something like that; first who's the 'producer' .., it ain't me babe. Would even look OK on a resume. (the thing you show someone when you apply for work)

take it easy and life will be easy
# 216 21-02-2006 , 02:08 PM
dats really a very good idea of making such a film..i would be glad to be a part of it. i can modell 3d charecters of any sort in maya. i work in maya 5. but im really very far off from you people.. the only only contact i can make is through the net.. can you all please let me know if i can be a part of your project???

: )
# 217 21-02-2006 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
I do 'real' movie production (at uni, so realistically that's not saying much but I do know a few pit falls and without a leader the movie will hit every brick wall from here to mars and back) so I can format and tag a script if someone has one.
Fist is script, then .., sorry first is who is boss, second pitch the script, third is story board (amongst all this is ,as has been mentioned, who is allocated to what and who makes these decisions..? it's the THE BOSS!) The guys who came up with this idea 15 pages ago should consider who will be appointed to what positions.., then the movie is well on it's way and removed from the ranks of 'wouldn't it be a great idea if..,'

Maybe take a leaf from some of the 'diary of a short film' sort of stuff, eg; the dairy of a short movie in 3D world about the 'prey mantis (whatever it was called( a few issues back, maybe how many issues back.., 7-8?? Anyway it could serve as blue print to get started. As mentioned it would excite the industry some I think, there's people from India to the Bahamas to everywhere and i love that sort of multicultural communication. Sort o an idealistic world union thing. Technology, amazing, it could only happen on the web.
Isn't there a new program for this sort of thing; 'Blender' comes to mind but i only remember the name from a quick glance through one of my mags. People do not want to net work because of hackers and this makes sense.

# 218 23-02-2006 , 05:48 AM
yep!! things r really goin dead slow...some one experienced in this industry should come forward to form and lead the whole team b4 its too late.....

: )
# 219 24-02-2006 , 12:12 AM
Subscriber
without wanting to be the barer of bad tidings, it already looks too late amd you are correct, someone who knows about this stuff should put their hand up and say, yes ME, I will do it, I will cordinate. Until then it's a nice dream, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming.:attn:

# 220 25-02-2006 , 03:22 AM
you can do it... im 13 and not really able to take control too seriously...

but still if nobody offers, cmon whos with me?

# 221 25-02-2006 , 09:12 AM
Lets do the movie.
name : jackass
producer : mattTheman

muhahahahhuser added image :attn:

Yo mamma!
# 222 25-02-2006 , 03:27 PM
jackass the movei is so hilarious

but I dont really know what you meant by that last comment, vasvas...

# 223 25-02-2006 , 06:13 PM
Just messin, these guys only talk, don't do anythin nor take it seriously. thats why i already made one....

Yo mamma!
# 224 26-02-2006 , 09:02 AM
Subscriber
the lad is a strapping 13 yu bunch of bullies and quite rightly he'd do better not to take anything seriously but if he wants to make a movie he could;
1) there's a good book on the hollywood standard script called 'the screen writer's workbook' by Sid Fields. Its light reading considering the amount of info on this subject, character development, linear structure, three part basic storytelling (beginning, middle and end) , plot points as transitions between events but focused on transition between acts, and a bunch of other stuff that's important.
2) another book called 'Film Art' by David Bordwell, I met him a couple of times and he is such a film geek, nice guy, his book is about examples, history, all manner of technique with some interesting comparisons between the Hollywood standard production and Asian story telling and movie making
3) it wouldn't hurt to visit a web sight like the example they gave in 3D World mag about the 'diary of a short movie' (something like that, anyway this is the web site, it would be worth a visit for the lad.

Attached Thumbnails

# 225 27-02-2006 , 03:17 PM
Subscriber
I'll take control if that's alright with everyone. Ok, lets take suggestions for the final concept. What will we make this movie about? First lets vote on themes such as Fantasy and SciFi and such. Please reply with the kind of theme you think we should do. We will add them up after a few days. Start votin'! user added image

My password is ********.