Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-04-2005 , 07:29 AM

Screen Captures projects?

This has always boggled me. When folks post their work on sites and on forums of their 3D models, do they use the screen capture option and crop the jpegs or is there a special screen capture/photo tool in Maya?

# 2 25-04-2005 , 08:13 AM
Subscriber
I just press the 'print screen' button, then open the image up in Photoshop and edit it from there to how I want it to look.

LisaGuser added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 3 25-04-2005 , 08:30 AM
Subscriber
you might also look in to a little program called "grab clip save" it makes it automatic, even numbering each screen cap. As soon as it detects a screen capture... it saves the contents of the clipboard to disk as bmp or jpg.. etc..

# 4 25-04-2005 , 09:54 AM
Subscriber
If your using a mac there's a tool in utilities that i think is just called "grab" and this lets you grab a sreenshot of a single window.

# 5 26-04-2005 , 09:40 PM

Thanks!!!

Awesome!!!! Thanks Lisa, Pony, Ckyuk,

Got my latest maya model in the WIP session. user added image

# 6 08-05-2005 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber
NVM, I asked what folder it save the pic to, but all it does is copy it and then you paste it. THX though

Last edited by alienscience; 08-05-2005 at 05:24 PM.