Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-02-2007 , 06:33 AM

Cereal...

Yup, that's right, it's a sillhouette of a guy eating cereal. Not everyday you see that! Hope you enjoy!

Sparticus

Attached Thumbnails

Expect to excell...
# 2 28-02-2007 , 05:17 PM
ha ha - that's true - it's not everyday you see something like this! It looks pretty good - the silhouette of the head is pretty effective. The one thing that looks a little odd to me is the cereal bowl which looks either too small or in the wrong place - I guess you've had to move it back in space to get it into the image.

# 3 28-02-2007 , 05:28 PM
user added image Looks nice. I think the head would look better with some blur on it. Not too much, just a little touch of it.

# 4 01-03-2007 , 08:57 AM
Subscriber
haha like it how you hide his face while eating cereal, nice user added image

# 5 01-03-2007 , 09:44 AM
19 year Veteran
This reminds me of those old children educational shorts from a program called the Electric Company ( early 1980's stuff ). One of their shows featured silhouettes of two people spouting out word fragments at each other with the words also comming out of their mouths. The word fragments would combine to form the whole word.

Here is a parody of it from "The family Guy"Linkage

# 6 04-03-2007 , 07:22 PM

Originally posted by arran
ha ha - that's true - it's not everyday you see something like this! It looks pretty good - the silhouette of the head is pretty effective. The one thing that looks a little odd to me is the cereal bowl which looks either too small or in the wrong place - I guess you've had to move it back in space to get it into the image.

Originally posted by MrTerminator
user added image Looks nice. I think the head would look better with some blur on it. Not too much, just a little touch of it.

I like those suggestions! My teacher was saying that the cup just behing his chin needs to be moved so that it doesn't look like a strange goatee, and that the arrangement of the cereal bowl and the decorative bowl in the middle of the table look lined up and should be offset. I'll work the pic in photoshop after fixing those couple of things.

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 7 09-03-2007 , 11:34 PM
lol, only two things. The nose is a litte, only slightly large, and is he eating . . . marbles? Lol? They look kinda of diamond/jewel like...
Other than those pesky details, its great! I love how different it is than the usual stuff.
good job!

# 8 13-03-2007 , 12:14 PM
FIXED... lots of changes. Comment and critique if you please!

Attached Thumbnails

Expect to excell...