Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 09-02-2007 , 04:25 PM
Subscriber

PolyMirrorModeling

Hi!
How do I achieve in mirror modeling parts that are place exactly at the mid. For example a hole in a speaker???

# 2 09-02-2007 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
You just duplicate them, with the scale set to -1 for whichever axis you'd like mirror about.

Just set it in the option box for duplicate. Note, it duplicates in the direction you choose, based on the position of the objects's axis. Use the move tool to change the position of the axis, use the insert key to toggle between moving the object and moving it's axis.

Hope that's clear enough for ya.
S.

# 3 09-02-2007 , 05:23 PM
i think he's saying he is already modeling with instanced geometry, but wants to know how to cut a hole in the middle...

if you know it's going to mirror, wouldn't half of a hole make sense? model half of the hole. you can either attempt it with a boolean or you can try extruding faces (and then moving the faces inwards instead of outwards... they CAN go both ways! =O) you can also just move the vertices in the middle where you want the hole away from the middle. instant hole!

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 09-02-2007 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
thx for the replies.

Originally posted by NeoStrider
if you know it's going to mirror, wouldn't half of a hole make sense? model half of the hole. you can either attempt it with a boolean or you can try extruding faces (and then moving the faces inwards instead of outwards... they CAN go both ways! =O) you can also just move the vertices in the middle where you want the hole away from the middle. instant hole!

thats what i tried, but then i had problems with border edges and the model got kinda screwed up.

but i solved it (whooosh)..

deleted the hi-res, mirrored the proxy, modeled and deleted the other half again. smooth it and thats it.

easy fast and exactly what i needed.

cant wait for the day i can model......

thx again.

# 5 11-03-2007 , 10:27 AM

hi

fa