Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-04-2008 , 03:01 AM

real-time performance

Hi -

What's the current best real-time performance (as in live character performance, not computing power, per se) system that Maya ports out to? I've been working with Houdini, exporting to Touch -- what's the best for Maya? Does Motionbuilder provide a real-time system for Maya?

Thanks in advance.

# 2 22-04-2008 , 06:53 AM
Motionbuilder runs animations in real time if thats what you mean?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 22-04-2008 , 01:18 PM

Thanks, gster - yes.

I thought Motionbuilder might be the answer -- but I've had some trouble finding specific information about it's "performable" functions. Also, is Motionbuilder inside Maya, or a "destination" software to which Maya exports?

Is there any information you can point me to on these questions (so I can stop bugging you and the forum about it)? user added image

Thanks again for responding.

# 4 22-04-2008 , 02:58 PM
hehe, not a problem, its a sepperate app, you use the fbx file format to go between, its really good, really fast too.

You can get a PLE form autodesk to give it a whirl.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle