Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-01-2003 , 08:43 AM

my new website

Hi!
I'm currently working on the new design of my homepage and would really like to know what u think of it so far:
my new website
--> it doesn't has much content so far, but it should be enough to understand my conceptuser added image.

CU morpher
# 2 16-01-2003 , 08:54 AM
Subscriber
wow dude... awesome flash stuff...

# 3 16-01-2003 , 08:55 AM
Looking nice. Maybe the movement should settle up a bit faster. After a while it gets a bit annoying to wait until the scrolling stops to click a link...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 16-01-2003 , 08:56 AM
@kbrown - i will speed it up a bit for uuser added image - I'm working at a randomizer at the moment so that the movement to the targetpoint is allways another one.

CU morpher
# 5 16-01-2003 , 09:30 AM
Kevin
Nice mate! maybe also a html version for those who dont like flash or dont have the capabilities for it?

but nice mate

# 6 16-01-2003 , 11:32 AM
i will have it as a flash only site - i dont care about those that dont have flashuser added image
--> it is only 30 k so it is also acceptable for modem users I think

CU morpher
# 7 16-01-2003 , 12:04 PM
Subscriber
Aaargh user added image I have the same visual idea as morpher. user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 8 16-01-2003 , 02:33 PM
the first 2 pics in the 2dworks area are addeduser added image
-but i'm not happy with my navigation inside the 2dworks, but u will see.

CU morpher
# 9 16-01-2003 , 03:40 PM
Nice use of flash but when the site first loads, (the face animation and top level nav) should be as smooth as the rest of the site, IMO. This could be as simple as basic tweening...so that each nav bar doesn't pop up like consecutive keyframes.

Keep it consistent so that it all flows together. For example, When I first got to the site, I thought the typeface was a little too horsey and big...and the basic flash use there added to that feeling of..."Oh here we go....more mediocre design/flashwork." No offense meant. When I got further into the site, I saw that the typeface/size was part of the design style you're shooting for. If you're going for that, I would say state it upfront with the initial page as well....it's about the whole "first impressions" thing. The navigation for actionscripting is also nice once you get inside but you have to make the person WANT to get inside first. Those are just some things you might want to take a look at.

Looks good. I would just re-think the home page and perhaps the back-navigation arrows...they're not that obvious.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

Last edited by NitroLiq; 16-01-2003 at 03:45 PM.
# 10 21-01-2003 , 04:15 PM
I have added some content to my site(I added some stuff in every section of the works area) and changed the look of the vita section a little bit. I'm still working on the intro that should make you interested in watch the whole site.
@NitroLiq: I try to work on the points you mentioneduser added image
let me know, what you think of the changes so far
mySITE

CU morpher