Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-06-2011 , 01:25 AM

UV mapping issues, PLEASE HELP!

I'm having some issues with my uv mapping texture, I want my tiles to have small squares throughout the floor, but every time I use repeat uv to make the texture smaller I get multiple images within the floor. Is there anyway to keep the size of the tiles the way they are without having 3 pictures within it? I tried even resizing the image in photoshop and still wound up with the same results.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-06-2011 , 03:15 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
The only way I know of is by using the clone tool and creating a seamless texture, by this I mean use the clone tool to make it seem as on image instead of 3 of the same image, this needs to be done in Photoshop.

# 3 24-06-2011 , 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
Maya can only repeat what is there. And the texture isn't seamless, it even seems to have some shadowing. You're best bet is to edit it in Photoshop as Ozgalis mentioned, since this is a case of a simple tile texture, you can just marquee select, copy and past rectangular patches, the clone tool is better for more chaotic textures.

- Genny