Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-04-2012 , 10:10 AM

Unwanted light Flicker

Ello,

I am experiencing a weird light flicker on a few frames of a shot rendered with Mental Ray. I'm using a simple point light to brighten up a few objects in shadow and have used the 'Light centric linking' to limit its effect to only a few objects. Every now and then, it's as if it forgets it parameters, as it will effect all objects and there will be an apparent spike in light intensity. out of 210 frames, a total of ~50 are affected, sometimes 1 frame at a time, some times up to 15 in a row. The light has not been key framed and there is no apparent change in any parameters.

EDIT: Should also note that it's not just an error with the batch render. Rendering the frames individually gives the same anomalies.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Last edited by Clacker; 17-04-2012 at 10:38 AM.
# 2 17-04-2012 , 12:31 PM
The Nurb Herd
hmmm... must be haunted. :/

are there any hidden lights that may have vis keyed?

# 3 17-04-2012 , 12:49 PM
Ha, yeah. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Negative on the extra lights. I have created another light in it's place, deleted the original and all seems to work fine. Saves me having to re-render the whole lot. I can only assume Maya got a couple of 1s and 0s mixed up.

Cheers for the response, Dom.