Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 61 12-10-2005 , 01:12 PM
Abs look much better. user added image user added image

mf3

# 62 12-10-2005 , 08:23 PM
hey swanky, I do all the initial modelling in maya to get the right curve flow...zbrush sucks for that so you need to start in maya, unless u want to modell all in Z, and than make it live in maya and draw your polys over it. When I have a nice model , I like to use zbrush for extra features because its so easy switch back and forth between divisions and the model keeps all its info at every level.

But at the end in Z...I export only the lowest subdivision and apply a hi res displacement in maya.

I wouldnt say my model is high res...not low enough for game...but not really high res. Totoal poly count on entire model came to 12 or 13 k.....not too bad for this type of model. There's no way I could import the highest res from zbrush...you can go to millions in there without crashing your pc...that the amount of control you can go to in there if you really want to.

Last edited by varley; 12-10-2005 at 08:26 PM.
# 63 12-10-2005 , 11:58 PM
WOW!!! Amazing army dude!!! My only comment would be that under his pits it looks like he has flabs of skin..
Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

# 64 13-10-2005 , 03:07 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone.

I finished my skeleton (just use a few simple custom mel scripts to orient joints and than tweak them a bit more in component mode).
Before doing that though I turn off all keyable exept for rotate xyz on the joints and do a freeze transform to make it easy to 0 back to bind pose...only thing i leave translate on is for root joint in hip which cant freeze transform on it so I group it to itself so the group is all zero and turn on the handle for the group and use that instead. Than I created a little button to zero everything back to bind pose.

I set up a few set driven fk controls for hands...simple gripping. I like to set up IK after skinning is done though.

Im about to create some wrap deformers to speed up posing, animation and simplify blendshapes. But before that, back to tweaking a bit for last couple touch up on eyes....thanks Swank for pointing it out...I realise they do need work but I can also use blendshapes later to make big facial changes if needed.

I dont know about the flab under the arm though...the bicep goes right under there...shows alot more on larger people though...maybe a bit of tweaking though.

Last edited by varley; 14-10-2005 at 08:48 PM.
# 65 17-10-2005 , 10:09 PM

wow!

Hey, i don't know much about this stuff, but i was checkin out the site and coming from someone who can simply appreciate the visual progression, you're really amazing! user added image

# 66 31-10-2005 , 05:22 AM
:mg::mg::mg::mg::mg::mg::mg:

https://www.imageocean.net/
Free Photo Hosting!