Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-10-2005 , 08:49 AM

Working with an avi

Hi , been a while since ive done this, how can I work with an avi file from with maya, have it load and progress frame by frame, I did this a couple of years ago now but its slipped my mind.

cheers.

# 2 23-10-2005 , 04:43 AM
No entirly sure what you mean by work with a avi. If you mean to create one you can use Fcheck and import the sequence. Im not sure if the Windows version of Fcheck can create a movie file out of it. When creating a video on a pc it made every frame a video. On the MAC side Fcheck will create a single video file out of the sequence. Anyway, I no longer create the video files using Fcheck. Most compsiting software can import a sequence and create a composition out of them. Fcheck can be found either in the Start Menu and in the alias > maya (Version) or on MAC: applications folder under Alias > Maya (Version. The icon looks like two film reels.

# 3 23-10-2005 , 06:47 AM

Re: Working with an avi

Originally posted by Magregus
Hi , been a while since ive done this, how can I work with an avi file from with maya, have it load and progress frame by frame, I did this a couple of years ago now but its slipped my mind.

cheers.

For what? A texture? Maya Live?

# 4 24-10-2005 , 07:14 AM
okay forget that Ive got hte image plane up and okay, next problem, rendering the shadow onthe ground using a plane, if someone can remind me how i need to do it.

cheers