Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-11-2002 , 06:57 PM
Kevin

skeleton tutorial feedback

Ok..so far it has been downloaded 90 times since it went up.

I would like to start thinking about doing a few more parts that follow on from it but have not recieved any feedback yet.

I know it was a beginner vid so I need to hear from you guys as if nobody learned from it then it wont be worth doing part 2 and 3. So...

1. did you learn from it?
2. anything you would like different?
3. was the quality/sound ok?
4. would you like a continuation of the skeleton?
5. Did you like it?

cheers

# 2 30-11-2002 , 07:04 PM
Subscriber
i guess it was 90 times downloaded by "members" that are not contributing, but only downloading. i myself had no time to watch it yet, i will only download it when i really have time. but once i watched it i will give feedback on it. i am definately need to see this one as i have no idea what a skeleton is ( i know mine has some bones, but thats it).

duckie

# 3 30-11-2002 , 09:28 PM

Re: skeleton tutorial feedback

Originally posted by Kevin
5. Did you like it?

1. A little. Most of the stuff I already knew.
2. I think it's pretty ok for newbies as it is.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 30-11-2002 , 10:15 PM
Lifetime Member
What KBrown said. user added image

What I would like to know is are you going to take this through Animation too? I think that is one of the areas that you are lacking here. I really need help with animation.

Thanks!

# 5 30-11-2002 , 10:18 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by Tem
What KBrown said. user added image

What I would like to know is are you going to take this through Animation too? I think that is one of the areas that you are lacking here. I really need help with animation.

Thanks!

yes

# 6 06-12-2002 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber

Re: skeleton tutorial feedback

i found some time to watch it. i thought i watch it once, but i watched it three times now, as i always missed something.

Originally posted by Kevin
5. Did you like it?

1. yes, a lot. and the most important thing, skeletons are not hard to understand after that tut. and easy to build too.

2. nothing. the k-man suggested it is ok for newbies, and i have to agree as i am a newbie.

3. yes - only complain i have is my lousy speakers inside the notebook, should have used the other computer user added image

4. yes i would like a continuation. for example how to put the doggie (great model kurt, by the way) and the skeleton together. not sure if this should go to vip section: another continuation tut on this one showing how to use softbodies on some soft parts of the dog, derformations for the muscle, and using sdk for advanced limiting of the bones (not sure if sdk are used, i am only guessing). what i mean is, if your leg is outstreched, you cannot pull the knee up to the breast and such things (at least normally built ppl cannot do that).

5. i not only like it, i love it user added image