Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 31-08-2007 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber

mixing mac and pc

I have networked two of my computers, which it a big deal for me as I worked it out myself. im happy with all the extra room and not having to use a flash drive or disc to cart files from one computer to the other.., i ended also up with about 60 gig of extra space by deleting duplicate files,.

My question is.., the computers are networked via the router so, will ticking 'use all available processors' on render make any use of the mac??

I have Qmaster installed as part of FCP studio 2.., it is a render app that manages renders on the system. it has 'shake, maya, and something else as presets.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 02-09-2007 , 07:36 PM
If you have a distributed renderer or something of that sort then maybe you can get the two computers to share the load. Maya's help file has got a section on compatible renders. Hope this helps.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 3 02-09-2007 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
hey thanks mate, yes, that helps a lot user added image

# 4 02-09-2007 , 08:54 PM
Spiders a good free render distrubuter.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 03-09-2007 , 10:03 AM
Subscriber
is 'spider' the name of it.., sounds good.