Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 13-05-2010 , 09:28 AM
Lifetime Member

IP-S2 Surveying and MODELLING a MUST READ

I posted this in Jays thread but made a new one. Guys and girls CHECK this out. It IS the new Surveying method in urban areas and when it comes out, I WANT ONE!!!!!

This should interest a lot of you modellers out there BECAUSE this is modelling man!!!!!! Getting paid to extract data from images and point clouds etc etc

Some of you guys in this industry that cant get work in movies etc may want to try your hand at this!! Its a new development and apparently NOT MANY people are doing it!!

cheers bullet

click on the link and be amazed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lSYrqPYgI

P.S I was recommended to have a go at this when I showed Topcon here in Perth my feeble Maya models, they reckon I could do it easily.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 13-05-2010 at 09:30 AM.
# 2 13-05-2010 , 11:13 AM
That's pretty cool. Wonder how much noise there is in the data though. I find it hard to believe it's flawless...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 13-05-2010 , 11:21 AM
Lifetime Member
kbrown,

I have seen data from a stationary scanner on buildings in Perth and it was pretty damn clean. With a moving vehicle though, you are right. It would be interesting to see how much is useful and whether y0u could interpolate it easily. With the SIMPLE GPS and software I use, well, I spend a shitload of time re doing stuff, it aint foolproof to lifes foibles.

I saw a 1 million point pickup on a building front (to check movement against tunnel construction) and it was perfect. Again stationary, AND it even picked up a beer bottle sitting on a window sill, label and all!!! The data download was laborious though, as the software had trouble with that many points.

Still that was 5 years ago, so there may be some merit in it. Great for us Surveyors and good for future modellers I reckon.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes