Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 106 10-09-2010 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
woh...hey, thanks fellas, i wasnt expecting that. i like this way, but the film still way seemed professional looking to me, at least with how i can see it down the road. but i do like this way also.

chirone: i basically followed the steps from the tutorial mentioned above. it was a dark zbrush render with a little fog, then adjusted in ps - firstly with the gradient tool to get some patches of light, then just kept playing, adding al's (hue, curves, contrast etc) and flattening it all, duplicating and layering back over with different blend modes (screen, colour, linear dodge), and repeating those steps a few times till i got something i thought was alright. just painted the blue glow eye and some blue fog on the left with a cloud brush to finish. there was a high pass filter screened over the top at one point too, which was a new one on me...got that from the tut too.

the good thing about this way is that it was very small dimensions, so i could easily double or treble the size, plus i could render an alpha layer too, to more easily add some background, and i could polypaint him up too, so theres lots of room for progress/experimentation

# 107 10-09-2010 , 08:06 AM
im so glad you made the change user added image the bright coloured wax style monster wasnt doin it for me but this new render is how i expected it to look after your first model pic. user added image

Well Done. :attn:

# 108 10-09-2010 , 10:38 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeh I agree speedy!! the black and white was good...this is f*****g awesomness in its glory. I LIKE it.....this is truly a drastic but exceptional change ben...well done.

Good research and pottering around my lad.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 109 10-09-2010 , 10:48 AM
Subscriber
user added image ha ha. Nice. That's it then, sold. The way forward is set.user added image

# 110 11-09-2010 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
another play/experiment with colours/PS

Attached Thumbnails
# 111 11-09-2010 , 04:15 PM
19 year Veteran
I really like the detail and design, but I think the lighting is a bit to harsh.

Also, I was wondering what it was supposed to be doing in your scene? Is is after somebody?

# 112 11-09-2010 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
Thanks.

He's just supposed to be pulling a nasty, threatening pose really. Nothing special.

# 113 14-09-2010 , 08:10 PM
I much prefer this version to the one with the glow Ben, but as THX has said, the lighting is a little harsh.

Overall loving the design though!