Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-09-2003 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber

Crime Scene

This was the work I did for the final round in the summer tournament against Vectorman. It was really fun to do, the models are quite detailed as usual, but much was gained from the use of displacement maps for the floor and the showerhose (blurred to oblivion in the final, but anyway). I also messed around alot with compositing in an old version of Shake, learning alot about that tool and compositing in general. There are some things that could be improved with this picture (alot infact), e.g. the blood ain't very realistic and it is a bit flat, the DoF could be improved (by doing it in maya instead of post perhaps), and a bunch of other details. I won't bother changing much with it now, but any comments are as always appreciated.

Like kbrowns motto: "Do alot. Fail alot. Learn alot." user added image

user added image

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 2 06-09-2003 , 11:50 PM
Id say it were too clean. You can see the place where the victim bleed out, but theres no spatter, or other blood stains.

# 3 06-09-2003 , 11:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
I like the overall scene.

Something about the blood doesn't look right though. I think it might be that the smear on the walls and floor don't seem to be interacting with the tile. It would accumulate in the crevasses and such.

Nice job, though. user added image

# 4 07-09-2003 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber
Good points both of you.
Will try to remember for my next gory scene user added image

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.