Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-03-2004 , 01:02 AM

aiming a camera at a stationary object

Stupid question i know, but im learning...

how can i set a camera to look at something while it is going round a curve.

i cannot get it to constrain properly. am trying all the cameras, and have been through some examples but im still stuck!

# 2 15-03-2004 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
key frame it looking at the object while it goes on the curve

Chris

An idea is delicate.
It can be killed by a sneer or yawn,
It can be stabbed to death by a joke
Or worried to death by a frown
On the right persons brow.
-Charles Browers
# 3 15-03-2004 , 01:08 AM
dont get it still....can make it go round fine. can you explain in simple terms how i can make it aim at the item ive created.

cheers

Last edited by chenard; 15-03-2004 at 01:14 AM.
# 4 15-03-2004 , 01:47 AM
Subscriber
Hmmm. I think in the INPUTS for the camera or the curve you should be able to see two values. Both of them control where the camera is looking. All you should have to do is keyframe these values correctly as the camera goes around the curve.

For instance, at frame 5 look through the camera then alter the values to make it look at the object you want, then select the values in the INPUTS in the channel box and keyframe them, then go to frame 10 and do the same thing. Maya will transition inbetween frames 5 and 10 as usual.

# 5 15-03-2004 , 09:56 AM
Create a camera and aim rather than just a camera. That way you can key (or even parent the aim to) what it's aiming at and thus it will follow it.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB