Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 22-12-2005 , 02:33 AM
tnx
I've been trying to do the same: using my own head as reference.
It worked out pretty well.. That's a realy cool thing to do. I'd love to do an animation with it too... are you going to?

and one final question.. the back lighting... is that from a regular light or does it work together with the background?

if i'm annoying you by asking to many questions... plez tell me

thanks again

# 17 22-12-2005 , 12:28 PM
Hi,

mc-fleury: No HDRI, nothing fancy, just 4 spotlights with depth map shadows for speed as I am going in and out of photoshop editing the map and re-rendering.

jornkes: I'm rigging this character for my graphic novel, so will be mostly rendering stills, but I intend to produce an animated trailer to help promote it later when I am near completion.

Cheers

Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project

# 18 22-12-2005 , 04:36 PM
hey man, nice head you've got..so, have you made the rest of the body as well?
i discovered edgloops just a few months back, and wanted to try my hand at realistic modeling. and, i ended up modeling my own head as well. cause that's the only way i would not have a chance to cheat. i had no way of blaming my mistakes on my unfamiliarity with the model.
hey, can you post a front and side wire?

# 19 22-12-2005 , 08:04 PM
Hey,

Yes I have built the whole body, but need to give it a final tweak, and uv it. But will be clothing him anyway so might just do the arms and leave the body 'til I need it later.

Gio

Gio

# 20 11-01-2006 , 06:05 PM

Update

Hi

Had a break over christmas, but here is a new render.

Colour, bump, and a diffuse map are now applied. still tweaking them both a little before moving on to spec maps.

user added image

Gio

# 21 11-01-2006 , 06:52 PM
Wow, awesome work! I am very impressed by your skin texturing! user added image Can't wait to see it finished.

# 22 12-01-2006 , 07:31 PM
Hey,

thanks littlelostalien, still a lot to do on the skin 'til I am happy with it. And I need to finish the eyes off, and give him proper eyebrows, and hair and eyelashes...plenty more to do.

Gio

Gio