Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-04-2007 , 09:10 AM

Extrude tool help

Hi people, i've been gettin along fine with maya and thought i understood most things however, i now want to extrude some edges locally like i have been doing before but now the edges are extruding all over the place not how i want them to. I have reset the extrude tool but still no luck, any ideas? thanks

Trainee Solicitor believe it or not

Portfolio - Click Here
# 2 12-04-2007 , 09:13 AM
Lifetime Member
try deleting the history first and then maybe freeze tranformations if deleting the history doesn't work.

# 3 12-04-2007 , 09:17 AM

Re: Extrude tool help

Originally posted by davidorff07
Hi people, i've been gettin along fine with maya and thought i understood most things however, i now want to extrude some edges locally like i have been doing before but now the edges are extruding all over the place not how i want them to. I have reset the extrude tool but still no luck, any ideas? thanks

hi, how do I freeze the transformations?

Portfolio - Click Here
# 4 12-04-2007 , 09:19 AM
Lifetime Member
with the object selected
select modify at the top of the UI then freeze transformations.

Last edited by jsprogg; 12-04-2007 at 09:21 AM.
# 5 12-04-2007 , 10:04 AM
Thanks for the help, there was an actual problem with the model but sorted it, thanks again.

Portfolio - Click Here