Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 29-07-2003 , 09:56 AM

Unlimited to PLE ?

is there a way i can read maya unlimited files with PLE?

- TwEeK
# 2 29-07-2003 , 10:18 AM
Subscriber
i would say no. you can open unlimited files in ple (i think) but unlimited features wont be availlable.

i know you can render unlimted stuff in the complete renderer, but only if you network render and the machine starting the render is unlimited.

anyone correct me please if i said something wrong ...

# 3 29-07-2003 , 02:24 PM
well, I think you can model with ple and export to unlim, but I know you cant go from a paid version of maya to the ple(well, I dont know this, but ive heard it said).

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 4 29-07-2003 , 06:21 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by drknow
well, I think you can model with ple and export to unlim, but I know you cant go from a paid version of maya to the ple(well, I dont know this, but ive heard it said).

you mixing something up user added image

you can go from paid version to ple. since ple 4.5 you can open maya (.ma and .mb) in ple, but you can only save as ple binary (.mp i think). but remember that ple is only complete, not unlimited features.

that is to prevent modeling in a free version and export to commercial version. the other way around is to let ple users make use of tutorials in books - as ple is to learn - and not many books would be happy to offer all files in ple and commercial file format ...

# 5 29-07-2003 , 06:56 PM
ahhhh, Sorry about that. I got it backwards. I meant to say it the other way around.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 6 30-07-2003 , 09:25 AM
thanks for the responses....i guess my scene does have some unlimited elements or something...bucause i cant open it......

- TwEeK