Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 136 26-06-2012 , 02:32 AM
Lifetime Member
Nice model dj, I wouldnt give it the usual Steak and Kidney street mate (waiting for the bite...its coming LOL). Give it a nice easy beach carpark secene with a board or 2! like a nice clean place man (like Perth bahahaha).

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 137 26-06-2012 , 03:03 PM
Lifetime Member
been watching this thread and your progress for a while, excellent work on the van
used to own one a lifetime ago, and seeing this brought back some excellent memories user added image

agree with bullet, I'd put it in a beach scene with a couple long boards as props

quick question ...... did you make the leather texture on the seats yourself or find it somewhere? I've been looking for a texture like that haven't found any I liked, yours are exactly what I've been seeking.

will be watching for updates user added image

I'm not lazy, I'm just resting before I get tired
# 138 26-06-2012 , 04:57 PM
Acid44
There are a fair few cardboard textures out there which look really decent as a bump map for leather, odd as it may seem

@DJ - the van looks great man, I like the idea of a dirty back street scene better than Ant's Aussie fantasy user added image

# 139 30-06-2012 , 06:43 PM
The texture is a mixture between a tile-able leather bump stipple and wrinkled paper (cardboard), the paper is put into areas where the seat would be more worn or saggy.

I would like to do both type settings, beach side holiday and dirty urban utility. I need to bust out of the car stuff now and get into environments and textures. Could take a while so don't expect anything soon. But thanks for all the help and suggestions you guys.