Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 06-04-2011 , 01:49 PM
The Nurb Herd
how did it go?

# 32 06-04-2011 , 03:54 PM
Subscriber
It was really cool - we spoke for about an hour - then after she got a runner to show me around - big place (2 sites but only got to see 1, but 6 floors in total) - the runner told me that they only usually show people around on their first day, so taking that as a good sign.

Find out this weekend - fingers crossed.

Still have the poops though - could really have done without that today.....user added image

# 33 06-04-2011 , 07:21 PM
Acid44
Good to hear about the interview man, bad about the trots though :p

# 34 06-04-2011 , 08:53 PM
The Nurb Herd
sounds good...
be warned tho, getting a job is the easy bit. (i may only be saying this because i'm still at work)
user added image

# 35 06-04-2011 , 09:06 PM
Subscriber
OH SHE MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR HOW HARD i WOULD HAVE TO WORK - BUT SHE ALSO SAID THAT ROLES IN THE COMPANY ARE DONE BY SKILL NOT LENGTH OF TIME WHICH i THOUGHT WAS VERY COOL

Crap typed that with the caps lock on nevermind

# 36 06-04-2011 , 09:07 PM
EduSciVis-er
OMG YOUR GONNA HAF 2 WORK SOOO HARD!!!!111

haha... sorry, couldn't resist.

# 37 06-04-2011 , 09:45 PM
Acid44
IF U R GON FALL BEHIND, TELL DEM U HAZ... SOOOOPPER CANNSSIIIIRRSSS!!!!!ONE11!!

Arby 'n Chief reference user added image

# 38 06-04-2011 , 11:17 PM
Lifetime Member
Well the hard part is over mate....(well the nervous bit to a point LOL)...well done bro, fingers crossed for ya! As for the trots...well dudeall I can say is I have had gastro 6 times this year...comes home with my boys from school...so Im feelin your pain mate. Dunno if you have it there but I SERIOUSLY suggest getting Gastrolyte mate...in light of your previous illness getting dehydrated is NOT cool...plenty of water etc etc...no caff, beer etc. I nearly had renal failure 9 years ago due to dehydration in the tropics and a good dose of the trots...that gastrolyte was just the best...back to normal withing 48 hours...and trust me I was crook mate.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 39 07-04-2011 , 12:52 AM

OMG YOUR GONNA HAF 2 WORK SOOO HARD!!!!111

haha... sorry, couldn't resist.

LOL stwert

@ tweetytunes: I'm sure I don't have to tell you for you to know that you'll probably learn alot from working there. Although it will most likely be hard work, long hours and underpaid, it's sure to be a VERY REWARDING experience. I'm jealous but really excited for you. And, we are proud that another member of SM has found their way into the industry. Enjoy the experience mate!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 40 07-04-2011 , 08:51 AM
Subscriber

I'm jealous but really excited for you. And, we are proud that another member of SM has found their way into the industry. Enjoy the experience mate!

Shhhh don`t jinx it - not got it yet. Thx for kind words though.

Just seen Doc and he said they (poops) were just nerves everything with my health is fine although he as not happy I was going though such a stressful time, but end of the day nothing I can do about that - I still need a job at the end of the day and once I have one stress level will go way down.

# 41 07-04-2011 , 09:40 AM
Well its defo a good sign ! Should be v proud of yourself, it takes alot of hard work and enthusiasm to get to this point in 3D industries since they expect alot of the core skills to already be there before walking in the door.

We should totally have a Simply Maya soho meet up!

FX supervisor - double negative
# 42 07-04-2011 , 10:32 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hey man

Finally having your stroke of luck then user added image ?. I hope you get the job

# 43 12-04-2011 , 07:05 AM
Subscriber
Well she said I would know Fri/Mon and now its Tues and still no word - Just want the phone call/email/letter telling me iva way as its starting to get to me being this close.

Only good thing is they not said no yet

# 44 12-04-2011 , 07:34 AM
Lifetime Member
If you dont think positive tweety Im going to jump through this internet portal...drink a bottle of Rum and slap you! no answer means undecided, if you dont get a call today call them. Dont leave it as they will think you have bugger all to do but sit and wait for calls....just give em a call Wed morn and ask mate....worked for me quite a few times.

cheers bullet

Positive thoughts...ooooooommmmmmmmmmm positive thoughts oooooooooommmmmmmmmm

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 45 12-04-2011 , 08:08 AM
SM Tea Boy
Well hopefully no news is good news user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"