Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-06-2006 , 08:59 AM

bad news for every shake user with maya

hi everyone. today i heard from hiehend 3d website about end of Apple shake 4 program. there is no future update for this program. the price from $4000 drop down to $499 . so I spend so many time on shake and now it is the end of shake. there is alot of program that we can use like fusion 5 or nuke or flame..... but the shake was the best. it is take time to learn another program also cost alot to buy software or dvd training. anyway i,m happy that i.m still using maya. any idee from you guys?

:bow:
# 2 26-06-2006 , 12:15 AM
Subscriber
I stopped using Shake a long time ago when apple bought it. I was pretty upset too. Took me awhile to get good at and then it became a mac exclusive so I went back to Adobe so I wouldn't getoutdated.

# 3 28-06-2006 , 09:29 AM
Subscriber
I kept with after effects. They did a lot of good improvements in 7.0 and if shake did cost 4000 bucks after effects wit about a grand looks like a bargain to me. Also compatibility is a big advantage witha adobe runs on mac and pc and AEF is tied in with photoshop illustrator premiere etc. I was actually never tempted to even touch shake.

# 4 28-06-2006 , 03:26 PM
Subscriber
ahh but did u guys read about the catch

u buy it for $400 but there is no support or updates/patches
and they r thinkin of makin a new version for $50,000

link orig from 3dtotal.com so its not a load of fluff

read here

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973