Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-07-2007 , 12:39 AM
Jr.Who

Vue 6, which version?

Hey guys,

I just had a quick question:
I’m thinking about getting Vue 6. I want to get xStream, because it’s integrated, but are there any differences between it, and Infinite?

-Jr.Who
user added image

# 2 18-07-2007 , 02:46 AM
Subscriber
without xstream vue is a nightmare to work with any other softwear.

I would always go with xstream after using it

vue itself is unchanged but the integration makes life super sweeeet

# 3 18-07-2007 , 12:01 PM
Dunno man, weve got infinate as a tester, you can export out as OBJ and textures so its not too bad, not great but it can be done, ive heard quite a few problems with Xtreme though (over on GCTalk think the threads called Xtreeme Nightmare)

If it was my money though I would go for Extreeme as youve got the intergration. Think that thats the only difference.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 18-07-2007 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
Maya (for example) cant handle all the polygon that vue if you import them you lose a lot of the control of the animation if you import the objects into vue.

We did a fly over a land scape. built the ground and buildings in maya and populated the battle field with some trees and bushes and then cover the hills with trees. There was 128 million polys within vue and we were able to take that scene into maya to animate and render. The rendering is also quit cool because it mixes mental ray with the vue render automatically - which saves a lot of time

# 5 19-07-2007 , 08:32 AM
Yeah Very Ture, I did a scene in it and it was up to 3 billion polys!

Ive got a bit of a project coming up using it, Ive not had problems with importing things into it, cameras and such So I thinkk that I'll render out of vue, take out the HDR environment and a obj if the terain (pior to VUE applying its sisplacmentts and bumps, then import to maya (just to get shadows) then comp it in AE.

Bit of a paint compared to extreme but its a useable workround (worked fine on some tests I did)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 20-07-2007 , 04:40 PM
Jr.Who
So xStream then?

Thanks a lot guys! :attn: