Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-10-2008 , 08:41 AM
Subscriber

nCloth question

Hello!

I'm pretty new to nCloth (but not to maya), and i made animted flag, and was thinking of caching it.

Now the question is:
1) Do i save procesor if i cache flag nCloth animation

2) How to i make it so that nCloth flag is animated only from, say frame 400 to fram 700 (in other frames, the flag won't be vissible anyway) ?

tnx.

--edited--

3) Can i copy flag that is cached, so that the copy will be animated the same way?

Last edited by Sil-Valeor; 24-10-2008 at 09:03 AM.
# 2 27-10-2008 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
1) yes

2) nCache> Create nCloth Cache Options
start/end

3) One way i think it might work, Bake Cache, then copy keys. But this in theory can only work with an object with the exact same verts.

This theory is not tested but you can try.

# 3 28-10-2008 , 12:34 AM
Thanks for answering so quick on this one Aiko!

Aiko is correct on all counts, and regarding the last question, I've tried copying/duplicating nCloth objects, but they never work.

I found that making a preset of my settings, and just applying them to new nCloth objects works a bit better.

I'll ask Duncan B. at Autodesk about this today and get back to everyoneuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com