Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-01-2010 , 11:37 AM
Subscriber

1920's RollsRoyce Phantom

Hi,

been working on this bad boy for a the last two weeks, it's a nextgen game model, stands at just over 14k Tris,

i modelled everything from the chasis to the engine, to the tiny screws holding the components together,

it's not finished yet, still some minor clean up work to to and i'm in the process of creating a victorian street like pedestal for the car to rest on,

heres a breackdown shot ,

i'll upload more pics soon, the 2k texture maps are killing my laptop, i may have to reduce the size, ,

any way c&c welcome

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-01-2010 , 12:34 PM
That's cool. You could work a bit on the diffuse.

Can you make a render :?

# 3 20-01-2010 , 02:24 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ColdWave
That's cool. You could work a bit on the diffuse.

Can you make a render :?

thanks for the comment the diffuse is alot more detailed then whats shown in the pic, i had to compress it, cause the site wouldn't let me, post a high quality pic,,

i will render it in due course, i've just got afew more bits that a want to clean, up,

i've gone all out on this model, just give me a few more days, and i'll be done, and then i'll post some sexy renders,

# 4 20-01-2010 , 02:58 PM
yep, you could always upload your picture in other servers and just post here a link... will be good to see high quality pictures

# 5 20-01-2010 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
i think this is brilliant, id love to be able to do stuff like this. Im often runnin around call of duty looking at the different military vehicles thinking, ' i wanna make that', 'i wanna make that'.

Is it just me or is there a subtle difference between the quality of outcome you get using normal maps made in maya, from those made in z brush. Theres something about the feel that is just... 'different'.

I wouldnt mind challenging you to a game prop challenge at some point if I have time on my hands. Good work Jali

# 6 20-01-2010 , 09:57 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ben hobden
i think this is brilliant, id love to be able to do stuff like this. Im often runnin around call of duty looking at the different military vehicles thinking, ' i wanna make that', 'i wanna make that'.

Is it just me or is there a subtle difference between the quality of outcome you get using normal maps made in maya, from those made in z brush. Theres something about the feel that is just... 'different'.

I wouldnt mind challenging you to a game prop challenge at some point if I have time on my hands. Good work Jali

thanks for the comments, wait till you see the rest of the car, i've done everything, even the engine, and ornament that goes infront of the car, just give me a few more days and i'll reveal it, in alls it's glory,

# 7 21-01-2010 , 01:41 PM
Subscriber
HI

some updates, the Flyinglady the sits on the front of the car,

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 21-01-2010 , 01:41 PM
Subscriber
close up shot

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 21-01-2010 , 02:24 PM
Subscriber
wicked