Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 46 27-04-2003 , 04:59 PM
Subscriber
Fur doesn't work for long hair, only short to medium length. I'm told you can do it with "Paint effects", but i have no idea what they are, or how to use them. Just wanted to let you know before you try to do her hair with fur, it just won't work. Thats why its called "FUR" and not hair.

Great job btw, you're pretty good with SubDs.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 47 28-04-2003 , 06:16 AM
Thanks for the comments and tips Snich and Vectorman! I'm having a real tough time with the texturing atm... will try to get some renders soon...

Does anyone know if you can slice up a SubD model into smaller chunks so I can texture it? trying to texture the whole model at once is really killing my computer... user added image

I need a paying art job! ;o)
My website! That is groosly outdated...!

Last edited by deadhand; 28-04-2003 at 06:52 AM.
# 48 28-04-2003 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber
I don't know about subD's but that can be done in polys.. have a look at my thread.. that is multiple UV sets and textures on that. The only one displayed at the time is just with one on the head. but it can be done.. but it will kill ram even faster.. are you textureing with a UV map or using artison ?

# 49 28-04-2003 , 08:06 AM
I wanted to use artisan originally but I cant get it to work worth beans so right now Im just trying to get a decent UV map out to photoshop.

# 50 30-04-2003 , 10:03 PM
Well, I finally have a day off too bad its the last day of the contest user added image I put some hair on her and then Im gonna slap some eyeballs in her head an try to get a good render out for the final. Any C&C is well appreciated! Well, at least I'll have more than just a week and a half to work on the next challenge :banana:

# 51 01-05-2003 , 03:32 AM

FINAL RENDER

well, this is about it. Not too happy with it, but time is up. Enjoy!

# 52 01-05-2003 , 04:13 AM
That's Awesome Deadhand. I wish I could create creatures that well!

# 53 01-05-2003 , 04:19 AM
Subscriber
Excellent work!

# 54 01-05-2003 , 06:36 AM
Thanks RonHro and Witchy! I really like it when people appreciate my work user added image I think I'm gonna still try and work on it some more, add some more details, and texture it. Gonna take a little while though...

# 55 01-05-2003 , 02:07 PM
Excellent work! If you get into texturing her, be sure to post it in the WIP section. <big ol' thumbs up>

"It's supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it."
# 56 04-05-2003 , 09:45 AM
wow...good stuff.